Sunday, February 15, 2015

Global Warming: Fact or Fiction


Is global warming fake?

Take a survey.  You will find people who will tell you that global warming is very real and very concerning.  You will find people who will scoff and say there is no such thing as global warming.  I personally can’t confirm nor deny it.

What I can do is tell you that I was born and raised in Minnesota.  And I can tell you that winters there do not seem as bad as when I was a kid.  I can remember snow drifting up on the back of the house, covering the downstairs windows, and coming up to the base of the upstairs windows.  A person could open the upstairs window and step right out onto the snow.  Winters don’t seem to be that bad anymore back home.

For sure, the weather is different then when I was a kid.  We seem to have more flooding, more tornados, worse hurricanes, and more blizzards.  Is this due to global warming?  I don’t know.

But one thing is for sure.  It isn’t going to hurt a thing to live like global warming is a fact.  Cutting back on pollution and following cleaner manufacturing methods are good things, whether global warming is a fact or fallacy.  Living “green” is a good choice. 

No comments:

Post a Comment