Friday, September 4, 2015

"Sampling" is "Stealing"!

Today I was shopping at our local Sam's club and picked up a bag of Brownie Brittles.  I'm not much of a shopper, and usually take a list and stick to it.  But a couple years ago, I tried Brownie Brittle and LOVED them!  When I saw the display of them at Sam's I was done shopping and hurrying to the check-out, so grabbed a bag on the go.

When I got to the check-out and put the bag on the conveyer belt, I noticed that my bag had been opened, then zipped back shut.  These are the economy size bags and are made to reseal so you can eat a few, and keep the remainder fresh.

"Oh!  I didn't see that this bag had been opened.  I don't want this bag," I said to the associate.  She set that bag aside and started my check-out process while I ran back and got a good bag. 

I couldn't believe that someone would actually open a bag to sample or eat some of the product, then seal the bag up and put it back!!!  People!!  What are you thinking?!?  This is stealing, plain and simple!

I have shopped and observed people in produce sections sampling the produce.  Popping a couple of berries or grapes in your mouth and eating them is stealing unless the market put out a sample for tasting purposes.  Even if you buy the fruit, you can't eat any of it until you check out because it is sold by weight.  To do so IS STEALING!

I can't believe I have to point out that sampling is stealing.  In what world can adults not know this?  It is shameful!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment